June 16, 2013

Viking websites

Here are a few sites that I've been looking at.

Basically, though, I do a search on Pinterest for "viking garb" "apron dress" or some combination - from there, the rabbit hole is endless!

www.hurstwic.org
I like this page - a nice overview, with good color photos.

www.vikingsonline.org.uk
lots of great info

www.vikinganswerlady.com
everything you could think to ask!

http://thedreamstress.com/

These are totally just a start.  I freely admit that I am making the "apron dress" and "underdress" that many others have made.  I am learning so much about the Vikings - especially that viking really was an occupation - not a nationality.  They lived in many different countries, so their clothing would not be the same, and there really isn't enough exiting clothing to know for sure what they wore

So far, I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment